I want to provide an update about our efforts to ensure the health and safety of RageRVA guests in light of COVID-19, more commonly known as the coronavirus.
We are taking the following steps at RageRVA to ensure that you have a fun and healthy smash session:
- We have purchased additional face shields, gloves and coveralls. All of our face shields are fully sanitized between sessions, our coveralls and gloves are washed after each use.
- I have increased cleaning of hard surfaces, including weapon and door handles as well as the reception area.
- Our bathroom is fully stocked with soap/hand sanitizer and paper towels at all times.
- I have decreased the number of daily sessions and increased the time between appointments to allow for additional sanitation as needed.
- I am happy to reschedule your session if you or someone in your household is sick. I take medicine for my rheumatoid arthritis that lowers my immune system and I’d rather err on the side of caution until this virus is better understood. Please let me know as soon as possible and we’ll get you rescheduled when you’re feeling better.
Here are some of the steps we can all take to limit the spread of infection. Per the Centers for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Wash your hands especially after coughing and sneezing, before and after caring for an ill person, and before preparing foods and before eating.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (such as kissing, sharing cups, or sharing eating utensils) with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except when you need to get medical care.
Thank you for your feedback as we continue to prepare for and respond to this evolving situation. Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to message us!