Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has ordered non-essential businesses to close for an additional 30 days to slow the spread of the Covid19 virus.
I want to assure you that as soon as the order is lifted, we’ll be here for you to come in and smash. While this shutdown is terrible for us as a new small business, we have confidence in your support and we have EVERY intention to re-open as quickly as it is safe to do so.
In the meanwhile, if you would like to help us weather this unprecedented event, here are some things you can do:
1. Buy a Gift Card through our website. Gift certificates are good for a full year on any session or addon.
2. Share and like our posts – your support means the world to us and we’ve stopped all marketing except for fan sharing.
I know this is a scary and stressful time but together, we’ll make it through. Please stay strong and we’ll smash soon!
I want to provide an update about our efforts to ensure the health and safety of RageRVA guests in light of COVID-19, more commonly known as the coronavirus.
We are taking the following steps at RageRVA to ensure that you have a fun and healthy smash session:
- We have purchased additional face shields, gloves and coveralls. All of our face shields are fully sanitized between sessions, our coveralls and gloves are washed after each use.
- I have increased cleaning of hard surfaces, including weapon and door handles as well as the reception area.
- Our bathroom is fully stocked with soap/hand sanitizer and paper towels at all times.
- I have decreased the number of daily sessions and increased the time between appointments to allow for additional sanitation as needed.
- I am happy to reschedule your session if you or someone in your household is sick. I take medicine for my rheumatoid arthritis that lowers my immune system and I’d rather err on the side of caution until this virus is better understood. Please let me know as soon as possible and we’ll get you rescheduled when you’re feeling better.
Here are some of the steps we can all take to limit the spread of infection. Per the Centers for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Wash your hands especially after coughing and sneezing, before and after caring for an ill person, and before preparing foods and before eating.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (such as kissing, sharing cups, or sharing eating utensils) with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except when you need to get medical care.
Thank you for your feedback as we continue to prepare for and respond to this evolving situation. Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to message us!
Our new summer hours for smashing are
Tuesday – Friday 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Times for private parties, team-building events and large group sessions are available, please contact us to learn more.
When you do the work and you don’t get paid for it, it’s stealing.
I have worked as an hourly employee since I was 14. Plenty of employers stole from me through the years and I was powerless to do anything about it.
On June 3rd, the Colortree Group abruptly closed their doors without advance notice to their 240+ employees and vendors. Employees had 15 minutes to leave the building many of them have worked in for 20+ years.
In the days to come they discovered their insurance and retirement funds were also gone.
Stolen. Those people worked hard to build and grow the business and were suddenly left with nothing they had built.
My wife was one of those people as well. She’s worked with them for more than 11 years developing software and business growth solutions through her consulting practice. When we fully realized the scope of the closure, we decided we needed to help and our event was born!
I think this is one of the best things about owning my own business – I have the power to help other people. Can you help me help these folks? I promise, you’ll have a great time while you’re at it!
Head over and buy your ticket before we sell out!
It seems as though we celebrate every month doing a major move/rearrange and today was no exception! Today’s new additions are much requested comfort items – a new fridge to keep cold drinks on hand, chairs for our waiting area and storage lockers!
Also new, our embroidered logo baseball cap. Look stylish after your smashing session in our new adjustable cap. Available in white or stone through our online shop or after a session in person.
We’ll have some new breakables in next week so book a session to come in and break something with us!
Did you know that our UNLEASH and Group packages include a vehicle plus breakables for your session? Jacob didn’t either –
The UNLEASH package is a great date night idea because one guest is complimentary.
Tuesday, done. We’re one day closer to smashing Saturday!
Note: Cars may already have dents, dings and cracked or broken windows.
Whew, what a month! It seems like we signed the lease yesterday, not a month ago. If you haven’t smashed with us in the new location you’re missing out! It’s great to have the extra space, especially in the ceilings.
We just got a haul of new breakables for your April shenanigans, including more dressers, mirrors and end tables. As always, we’ve got tons of other fun things to smash!